Student Travel



All Advisors must complete and adhere to the travel guidelines outlined in the Travel Packet For Off-Campus Activities and Field Trips must be completed by every person attending the off-campus activity or field trip.
  • All travel must be approved in advance even when a cash advance is not requested.
  • Travel advances will only be made to the SCO Advisor.
  • Even if a cash advance is not used, please remember that the meal rate for reimbursement is the same as listed in the cash advance section.
  • Only the most economical method of transportation, in terms of travel expense and employee time will be authorized.
  • The district will reimburse to the Advisor the cost of conference registration fees, transportation, lodging, meals, and business-relatedtelephone calls incurred while traveling on authorized business. Other allowable expenses include road tolls, taxi fares, bus or streetcar fares, parking, and other charges essential to travel.
  • Receipts are required for taxi, shuttle, and bus expenses in excess of $5 and for all parking fees and toll roads.
  • A Completed Travel Request form and all Travel Packet for Off-Campus Activities packets must be submitted to the Dean of Student Life at least two weeks in advance.
  • Same as steps 3-8 under Purchase Order procedure.
  • *** Travel Packets For Off-Campus Activities and Field Trips may be obtained online at The completed packetsmust be submitted to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs at least two weeks in advance.


Vehicle Requests—SCO Advisors, over the age of twenty-five, are eligible to reserve college vehicles for approved club activities only after completion of Central Arizona College Motor Pool Training Course. Please contact Campus Police to schedule a training appointment.
The Associate Dean of Student Affairs must sign all vehicle reservation requests. Use the following procedure:
1. Travel Request forms are available from the Business Office.
2. Call Maintenance Dept. Ext. 5460 to receive preliminary confirmation of vehicle availability (there is no point in going through all the motions if no vehicle is available).
3. Advisor must complete and sign the form.
4. Take the form to the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs (AVP) for signature. All information must be complete before the AVP will sign the form. The AVP’s office will send the form to the Business Office for processing.
5. Check with the Maintenance Department 3 days after request has been submitted..
6. Only full-time CAC employees of age 25 years old or older who have completed the Motor Pool Training Program may drive college vehicles.
7. Mileage for college vehicles will be billed back to each club at the standard college rate.
Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814