|Club Advertising and Publicity|
ADVERTISEMENT AND PUBLICITY OF STUDENT EVENTS
POSTING AND DISTRIBUTING FLYERS, SIGNS, ADVERTISEMENTS, AND NOTICES
- Posters in this instance shall be defined as flyers, signs, advertisements, handbills, announcements, banners, cards, notices and other informational devices. Posters may be placed on campus bulletin boards and other designated areas.
- All posters should be in good taste and not depict portrayals that are demeaning or discriminatory to any individual or group(s) of persons.
- Recognized student organizations and college departments may place posters on stands and/or easels with the permission from the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs or designee. Students must have all flyers, signs, advertisements, and notices stamped by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs or designee.
- It shall be the responsibility of the SCO, department, or Advisor to remove all posters no later than 5:00 P.M. on the day following the announced event, election or deadline or the date noted on the stamp.
- Poster copy must include the full name of the sponsoring organization or department. Unidentified posters will be removed.
- There shall be no posters placed on trees, utility poles, doors, windows, or walls of the campus buildings, or on any painted surfaces.
- Individuals distributing literature by hand must obtain permission of the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs or designee. Individuals are not to block building entries/exists, walkways or streets. The individual(s) distributing literature is/are also responsible for cleaning any litter that is related to distribution efforts.
- The college does not allow door-to-door solicitation, nor car window flyers of any literature.
- No one may place posters or any advertisement or notices in any residence hall area without the permission of the Director or the Assistant Director of Residence Life.
CALENDAR POSTING OF EVENTS
Student Clubs and Organization events are posted to the College calendar and Blackboard student calendar. The information for these posts is taken directly from the Activity Approval Form. Requests may also be made to the Office of Student Engagement and Activities via email at email@example.com
WEEKLY EMAIL TO STUDENTS
A weekly email of events is sent each Monday morning to students at each campus. All SCO meetings and events should be listed in the weekly Vaquero Vibe. Date, time, location, event title, advisor name, and contact phone number must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by each Thursday to ensure inclusion on the following Monday edition of the Vaquero Vibe.
PLASMA SCREEN ADVERTISEMENTS
To advertise your SCO event please comply with the process found at the following link: Digital Display Montor Instructions and Guidelines