Frequently Asked Questions

If there are any questions that you still have after reading this page, please feel free to contact us at 520-494-5470.


How do I apply to live on campus? 

Housing application is available online.  Please click on this link CLICK HERE(eRezlife link) to complete your housing application.  If you need assistance, please call 520-494-5470.

I've heard the word "resident" used quite a bit. What do you mean? 

We use the term "resident" to mean a student who resides on campus.

Is summer housing available?
No, summer housing is not available at this time.

Are all of your room double occupancy?

Yes, all of our rooms are double occupancy and we attempt to keep it that way.

How do you assign people to the rooms? 

For new/incoming residents, we assign rooms based on preferences indicated on the housing application whenever possible.  When assigning rooms, we do our best to match up students whose preferences are the same or, close to being the same.  Room assignment is done upon student’s completion of the housing application and payment of the room deposit fee.  Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. 
For current and returning residents, room assignment is based on their approved room requests during the room lottery period held towards the end of the spring semester.  If room chosen is available, requests are granted and rooms assigned for the upcoming fall semester. 

How does the roommate assignment work? 

Just like a room assignment, our roommate assignment differs between our returning and new/incoming residents. New/incoming residents are assigned their preferred roommate as indicated on each of their housing application form. On their application forms, both applicants must state their names as each other’s preferred roommate, then submit applications at the same time or around the same date.  Returning residents are given the opportunity to choose their roommates and/or suitemates for the upcoming fall semester when they participate in our Spring Room Lottery.

Do you have any student athlete housing? 

We do have quite a few athletes that live on campus, however, we do not have a specific area or specific rooms designated for our athletes. We have a very diverse student population and we believe that students benefit greatly and can learn a lot by living with individuals who are different or have different aspirations in life. On occasion, certain athletic coaches will request that certain players live with each other and we try to accommodate these requests whenever possible.

Do you offer married/partner or family housing?
No, we do not offer married student or family housing.

Are your buildings co-ed?
Yes, our buildings are co-ed, meaning that both males and females live in the same building (i.e. your room may be male, however next door to you there may be females). Please note that our Quads are single gender, however, the Quad next door may be the opposite gender than the one you're living in. The same goes for Suites and Tower rooms.

Are your rooms co-ed?
No, all our rooms are single gender. Since quite a few of our rooms are conjoined by Jack and Jill bathrooms, all rooms that share the same bathroom will be single gender.

Can I pick my room and/or roommate?
As a returning resident you can pick your specific room and roommate during our spring room Lottery, held every spring semester (online). As a new/incoming resident you can state your preferred room and roommate on the housing application.  We try to honor your preference whenever possible however, we may not always be able to do so.

I have received an email stating that my application is incomplete. What does that mean? What do I need to do?
If you received an email stating that your application is incomplete, you most likely failed to supply required information on the application.  To complete it, do the following: (a) retrieve and review your application and supply information on all the lines marked with red asterisk; (b) upload required documents (copy of driver license/State ID/passport; shot record showing 2 MMR shots); save changes and proceed with the completion of application.  If the status of your application remains ‘Incomplete’, you will not be assigned a room.  If you need help, call 520-494-5470 for assistance.

Do I have to have a meal plan if I live on campus?
Yes. All of our residents must have a meal plan. The reason is that our rooms do not have kitchens and most cooking appliances are not permitted in our Residence Halls, as per the  Student Handbook (located in the College Catalog) and per the Residence Life Compendium.  The Residential meal plan is “all you care to eat” served in the dining room seven days a week. Meals are available during the academic year excluding Thanksgiving Day.  Three meals from Monday-Thursday (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and brunch and dinner on weekends and holidays.


What are the dining room hours?



7:15 am – 8:30 am


11:00 am – 1:00 pm


4:30 pm – 7:00 pm



11:00 am – 1:00 pm


4:30 pm – 6:30 pm

For more information about our dining halls, please visit the Food Services page.

What are the room dimensions?
Although our rooms are not all the same, on average the rooms are 10'x10'.

What is provided in the room?
Each student is provided with a chair, a desk, a dresser, a bed and extra-long twin mattress, and closet space. In addition to each room being furnished, our Quads' common lobby/living space has additional seating furniture.

What do you suggest I bring to campus?  

  •  school supplies
  •   bedding (Click Here to look at our Linens Program), 
  •  pillows, 
  •  towels, 
  •  clothing, 
  •  personal hygiene items,
  •  computer,
  •   fan,
  •   TV/DVD/CD player,
  • alarm clock,
  • phone,
  •  laundry supplies (liquid detergent only),
  • shower shoes,
  • mini fridge (less than 4.5 cu ft),
  • microwave (1500 watts or less), 
  • other items you may deem important to you.

 What items should I NOT bring? 

The following items are not allowed in our rooms, so please do not bring them with you:

  •  Grills of any kind (including the George Foreman's)
  •   Toasters and Toaster Ovens
  •    Hot Plates
  •    Candles and Incense (a plug-in is a good and safe alternative)
  •    Halogen and Lava Lamps
  •    Black and stringed-type Lights (i.e. Christmas lights)
  •    Hookahs
  •    Alcohol or alcohol containers (including the empty bottles)
  •    Weapons (of any kind, including but not limited to fireworks, pellet guns, martial arts weapons, etc)
  •    Pets (fish in a 5 gallon tanks or less are permitted)
  •     Drugs or drug paraphernalia (other than your prescriptions; Medical Marijuana is not permitted)


What utilities do you provide?
The following are included in your room fee: electricity, water, outside landscaping and trash removal, basic cable (you must provide your own TV and coaxial cable), local phone service (you must provide your own telephone), and Internet. Wireless internet is available in all rooms and common spaces.  

I am having issues with the utilities in my room. What should I do?
Although we ensure that everything is in working condition prior to your move-in, we understand that things may break or not work to your satisfaction. Please submit all of the work orders here and kindly give us 1-3 business days to get it fixed. Please be very specific with your request. If things have not been fixed in timely fashion, please stop by our office and let us help you resolve the issue. Note that it is your responsibility to tell us when things break. If there is an emergency, such as the power is completely out in your room (lights, plugs, everything) or a water pipe seems to be broken and you have a leak, please call our office (520-494-5470) or Campus Police after office hours (520-836-9655) to have someone check it immediately.

I am having difficulty accessing my Internet/e-mail account. Where should I go? 

To log into the CAC wireless network: Select CAC Student, enter your username (email address) and password.If you are having a problem with your CAC e-mail account or do not know your CAC e-mail address, please visit the Online Learning Student Guide.If you have been able to successfully use the internet for a while, but suddenly you cannot access it, there is a chance that you might have illegally downloaded something and as a result your account has been turned off. If this is the case, please stop by the Residence Life Office and schedule a meeting with our Assistant Director.

What about P2P file sharing, downloading, etc. Is it OK? 

Please don't use any programs that allow sharing of files, such as music, movies, etc. Specifically Morpheus, Kazaa lite, frostwire, LimeWire, Aries, AllUC, Movie6, etc (and if you have them, please remove them). Using this type of software to download anything is illegal and your Internet access will be turned off. In addition you will have to go through our Discipline process and may face financial and criminal charges. Here is a good rule to follow when using Internet and downloading: "If you are downloading something for free that you would normally pay for, there is a good chance that it is illegal."

Any site from which you purchase your music and movies, like iTunes, AmazonMP3, Netflix, etc are okay. Internet sites that you can watch movies and television for free that are okay are Hulu, Major Television Network Web Sites, etc.

Also, for your safety, do not share your account username and password.

Who will clean my room/bathroom? 

Your personal room, bathroom and lobby (in the quad) is yours and your roommates' responsibility. All rooms and bathrooms must be kept clean at all times. All rooms will be inspected no less than once a semester; unclean and unsanitary conditions will be reported and you may face disciplinary sanctions and/or fines.

I will have a car on campus. Do I need a parking permit?
Yes, you will need a parking permit.  You will have to complete the parking permit application with the Residence Life Office at the time of check in to your room or, anytime you are bringing a car on campus during the semester.   Your vehicle and insurance information is required to complete the parking permit application.  Your first parking permit is FREE.  Note that parking permit is strictly for Residence Life residents only.

What are your housing options? What are the differences? 


We have three housing options on campus:

Quads: four bedrooms, two bathrooms, single-story separate housing unit. Quads have an outside access and once you enter you will be in the common lobby/living space. There are two sets of two bedrooms and a bathroom on each side of the building.

Suites: house 2-3 people. Each suite room is accessible from the outside and is conjoined by Jack and Jill bathroom with another room.

Tower: traditional style three-story residence hall with inside hallways. Tower houses 120 students on 2nd and 3rd floor. Floors are co-ed, with single gender rooms and rooms are accessible through the inside hallway. Each room is conjoined with another room with a Jack and Jill bathroom in between.


What do I need to turn in to reserve my space? 

Complete the housing application on line, pay the $150 room deposit fee, register for classes to a minimum of 12 credits and set up a payment plan if unable to pay the cost in full.

Is my deposit refundable? 

Yes, the $150 deposit is refundable to you:

  •  upon you properly checking out of your room at the end of the year or semester

  •  are not returning to live in residence halls the following year,

  • if there are no damages to your room or key

Deposit is not refundable if you:
·         leave mid-semester, and/or are removed from housing.
·         checked-out improperly  (leave without us knowing, not returning the key, not following the check-out protocol). Improper check-out is an automatic forfeit of deposit along with any other necessary fees.
·         are assessed fees equal or greater than your room deposit fee. If you check out improperly, you may be charged: cleaning fee when you leave your room in a dirty condition; lock change fee when you fail to return the key to your room and, fine for room damages.  These fees will be taken out of your deposit and any amount remaining will be credited to your account; assessed fees over the room deposit fee will be charged to your account.
·         If there are damages to your room and/or you leave your room dirty, you will be charged and that charge will be deducted from your housing deposit (i.e. room was left dirty, you got charged $25, and you will receive $75 back). If the damages are higher than $100 you will not receive your deposit and will receive a bill from us.
Where can I get my immunization records? 
Most students will already have their own immunization records. If you do not, your physician and/or high school.
What is your mailing address? 
8470 N Overfield Road
Coolidge, AZ 85128

What is your fax number? 
What are your hours of operation? 

Regular business hours are: Monday-Thursday 8 AM-6:00 PM. Extended hours during the academic year allow for residents to have access to their mailbox, game rooms, computer labs, and TV rooms. The academic year hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday 8 AM-12 AM, Friday, Sat., Sunday 12 PM-12 AM. Please note that certain holidays we are closed or have amended working hours.

Where do I get my student ID? What do I do if I have lost my ID? 

Once you register as a student you will receive your ID number (starts with 880). With that number you will be required to obtain a student ID. You can obtain your ID at the front desk of M building. If you have lost your ID, you will need to get a replacement ($10 charge).

Per CAC policy, students are required to carry their ID at all times. You will not be allowed to eat in the cafeteria without your ID and there are many items you will not be able to check-out from our office without a student ID.

Will I have a curfew while living in the Residence Halls? 

No. However we do have quite hours and a registered guest policy for those visiting after 10 p.m.

Can I have an overnight guest? 

Yes. Your guest must be registered at the Residence Life front desk prior to their stay. Overnight guests may stay for no more than 3 consecutive days/nights with a maximum of no more than 6 nights per month, and only after consideration is given to the roommates' needs and rights. Residence Life staff may deny entry of any guest. Please understand that your guest must remain with you at all times and cannot be wander around by themselves. You are responsible for your guest and their actions.

Can I have any pets? 

You can have fish in a 5 gallon-tank or smaller. No other animals, other than specially pre-approved service dogs are allowed, so please leave Fluffy at home. Pre-approved service animals must be approved through the Disability Resource Service department.

What are the policies and procedures for Residence Life Students? 

For the list of all of our Policies and Procedures, please download our Housing Handbook (a.k.a. Compendium).

My parents/legal guardians called me because your office would not share any information about me because of FERPA. What is that? 

FERPA - Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is a Federal Law created to protect your rights and educational records. If there is a particular individual with whom you would like us to share certain information with, you may fill out a FERPA release form (available at the Dean of Student Life, VP of Student Services and Director of Residence Life's Offices). On the form you will have to state specific information to be shared and a specific individual with whom the information can be shared with. Please note that each time you would want us to share any information, you will need to obtain this form and fill it out.

Can you please tell me more about safety on Campus? 

Safety can be one of the biggest concerns for some parents and students. We have Campus Police Officer(s) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and Resident Student Leaders (RSLs) that live on campus and are on-call 7 nights a week, during the academic year. Both RSLs and Campus Police Officers conduct rounds throughout the housing ground no less than 3-4 times per night. We also have full-time professional staff that live on campus and are on-call 365 days a year.

We are located in the desert, so we do have wild creatures around here, such as rattle snakes, scorpions, Gila monsters, javelina, etc. These animals will usually leave you alone if you don't bother them and take precautions. If you see a snake on campus, please contact Campus Police immediately at 520-836-9655.

As far as other incidents, they do happen, however they tend to be rare. When it comes to theft, most of it is theft of opportunity - meaning you left your computer on a bench and went to lunch or you left your room door and/or window unlocked or opened.

We believe that safety is everyone's responsibility. We would suggest that each student talk to their parent/guardian about how they can make sure to have a fun and safe experience while in College. Some tips you might want to use:

  • ·         always walk in pairs at night, or call Campus Police to escort you to your vehicle/room
  • ·         keep your room door and window closed and locked, especially when you're not in your room
  • ·         do not prop your door open, even if you are just going next door
  • ·         do not give your room key out to anyone
  • ·         know where the emergency call phones are located at

For more information about safety and to look at the reports, please visit CAC Police Department page.

If any of my items get stolen or damaged by fire or accident, will the school pay for it?

CAC does not insure any of the students' property, whether due to accident, fire or theft. Because of this reason, we highly encourage our students to obtain renter's insurance as a security measure.

If I get sick, do you provide health services on campus?

We do not have any health services on campus. However, we are about 1 mile away from a Regional Fire Department and just a few miles down the road from Casa Grande Medical Center. We are asking that all of our residents have health insurance policies in case they get ill or have an accident.

What is there to do on campus?

Resident Student Leaders host an average of 2-4 events each week. The events range from social gatherings, such as Karaoke and game nights, movies and dances, to programs that are more educational in their content such as leadership development, healthy relationships and diversity education. In addition to Residence Life programs, Student LeadershipStudent Clubs and Organizations, and Athletics, etc. provide numerous events throughout the semester.

I'm interested in joining or starting my own club. Where do I go?

If there is a student organization you would like to be a part of or one you would like to start, the best place to start is Student Leadership.

I was told that as a resident I can check-out games and movies. Is that correct? How much does it cost?

Yes, we have a host of board games and DVDs to check-out. As long as you are a resident and have a valid student ID you can get them from our office. For a list of current movies, stop by our front desk.

I have a great idea for an activity. Who should I talk to?

We always welcome your ideas and would love to work with you to make come to life. Talk to your RSL and just let them know about the great idea you have.

Are there any things to do off campus, close by? Where is the nearest mall?

Casa Grande has a  Promenade mall (located just off of I-10, exit 194 on Florence Blvd) that offers stores such as Ross, Kohl’s, JC Penney, Famous Footwear, Payless, Marshall's, Rubio’s, In and Out Burger, Sam’s Club, Harkins movie theater, etc. Down the road you can find Wal-Mart, Walgreens and a CVS pharmacy, local restaurants and sports bars, a bowling alley, paint ball field, etc. Eloy is fairly close by and if you're really interested in an adrenaline filling experience they have a skydiving facility. If you are looking for more metropolitan things to do, Phoenix is about a 45-minute drive north from us and Tucson is about an hour away.

Where do I pay my school bills (housing, deposit, tuition, etc.)?

All of your bills can be paid through CAC's Cashier's Office (520.494.5241).

Do you have any payment plan options?

Yes, check out Cashier's Office to set up your payment plan.

I need Financial Aid. Where should I go?

For any Financial Aid questions and concerns, please visit their website or call them directly at 520.494.5429.

Can I receive mail while living on campus?

Yes, each student is assigned a mailbox when they are assigned their room. The information will be shared with you at your check-in time.

What is the mailing address I will use to receive mail?

Your Name – Box #
Central Arizona College
8470 N Overfield Road
Coolidge, AZ 85128

In case I lock myself out of my room or lose my room key, what should I do?

If lock yourself out, stop by our front desk to receive a 10-minute key. Please note that you get 3 FREE lockouts before you have to pay a fine. If our office is closed, please get in touch with the RSL on duty or call Campus Police (520-836-9655). In case you lose your key notify our office immediately. Your locks will be changed and you will receive a new key. Your account will be charged for the lock change.

Where do I go to report any maintenance issues (light bulb is out, shower is not draining properly, etc.)?

To report any maintenance issues, submit all of the work orders here and kindly give us 1-3 business days to get it fixed. If things have not been fixed in timely fashion, please stop by our office and let us help you resolve the issue. Please note it is your responsibility to tell us when things break.

We are not from Arizona. What is the weather like throughout the year?

Arizona summers do get HOT. Very HOT (about 110-115 degrees during day and about 90-95 at night) but dry (except during the monsoons in July and early August). We are located in the desert, so during summer months our cold water can run quite warm. During winter, temperatures can drop down to low 30's (or even colder at night) so most people will need some form of a jacket, sweatshirt, etc.

Content on this page is provided by Student Life.

Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814