Spring 2015 Move-Out
Residence Halls will CLOSE for the Spring semester on Friday, May 15 at 12 PM (noon). Students are required to check out within 24 hours of their last final exam or by the time the residence halls close for the semester. Graduating students and those that are assisting with graduation must register with Residence Life Office no later than May 4, 2015.
Student athletes who are representing the College at Nationals must be on their Coach's roster in order to be approved to stay.
Summer Housing is available to our current residents only and in order to be considered, the student must schedule a meeting with the Director of Residence Life by May 5, 2015. Space is very limited and special conditions to stay apply.
Residence Halls will OPEN for Fall 2015 on Saturday, August 15
More detailed information regarding room assignement and specific move-in time will be shared with the housing applicants during the summer months through their CAC student email account.
Thank you for choosing Central Arizona College.
Please feel free to browse our site to learn more about living in the Residence Halls.
If you consider your college education an investment, beginning your career in CAC's residence halls will give you the best return. Students who choose to live on campus have the opportunity to truly enhance their college experience. We work to provide students with comfortable, convenient, and affordable housing—and to enhance opportunities for academic success, community, personal growth, and leadership development. We encourage each student who lives on campus to participate in the programs and events provided by Residence Life Staff and other departments across the College.
Feel free to stop by our office if you have questions, need assistance, or have a suggestion of how we can improve our services.
CAC Residence Life on Social Media:
On-Campus Housing Options
The Signal Peak Campus of Central Arizona College houses approximately 350 students. All of our rooms are double occupancy (2 students per room), however on occasion and as needed, we reserve the right to triple rooms. When and as occupancy allows, we may offer upgrades to a supper single for additional charge. For more information regarding the single occupancy, please call us at 520-494-5470.
Each room is furnished with a desk, a chair, closet space, a dresser, and a bed (with an extra-long twin mattress) for each student.
Central Arizona College offers three housing options:
|Suite:||The room is accessible from the outside and conjoined with another room through a Jack and Jill bathroom. Each room houses 2 students.
A quad is accessible from the outside. It houses 8 students and it has a common lobby, two bathrooms and 4 rooms. Each bathroom is shared by 2 rooms.
|Tower:||A traditional 3 story co-ed residence hall with rooms accessible through the inside hallway. The rooms are conjoined by a Jack and Jill bathroom. The hallways are co-ed with rooms that share a bathroom being single gender.
Inside the Tower building, we have 2 Theme Houses available for our students:
Honors House - designated space for our students who are committed to academic exellence and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Global Scholar House - space for our students who are interested in learning more about diverse cultures of the world, are from out-of-state, or are from another country.
Photos: 1 2 3
Advantages to Living On-Campus
- Game room
- TV Lounge (extended satelite service)
- Computer Lab/Internet
- Laundry facilities
- Educational, recreational, and social programs
- Food service
- Vending machines
- Change machine
- Personal student mailboxes
- Movie and board games checkout
- Game Room
- Weekly Educational and Social Events
- Intramural Sports
- Movie Nights
- Game Nights
- Comedy Nights
- Open Mic Nights
- Special Events
What to Bring
- Bedsheets (twin, extra long; 36x80)
- Shower shoes
- Alarm clock
- TV/DVD/Blue Ray
- Video games and game consoles
- Microwave (up to 1500 Watts)
- Microfridge (under 4.5 cubic feet)
- Area rug
- Posters and decorations
- Book bag
- Iron/Ironing board
- Surge protector
- Personal care items
- Desk supplies (pens, paper, paper clips, scissors, etc)
- Bowl, cup, plate, utensils
- Laundry basket and other supplies
Please do NOT bring
- Grills (George Foreman, hibachi, BBQ, etc)
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- Hot plates
- Halogen lamps
- Lava lamps
- Black lights
- String type lights (i.e. Christmas Lights)
- Pets (except for fresh water fish in a tank under 10 gallons)
- Drugs (other than your prescription)
- Alcohol or empty alcohol bottles
- Weapons of any kind (including decorative knives, fireworks, BB guns, paint guns, etc)
Residence Hall Costs and Fees for 2015-2016
- Room & Board (per semester)
- Suites and Quads: $3,100.00
- Tower: $3,400.00
- Summer/Winter Break (when available, for current residents only) weekly room $150 + meals $261.25
- Refundable Deposit $150.00 *
- Room Lock Replacement Fee:
- $75 - Tower and Suite Rooms
- $100 - Quad Rooms
- $75 - Tower and Suite Rooms
How to Apply for On-Campus Housing?
In order to reserve your room, please submit the following: $150 refundable deposit*, proof of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunizations, and a completed and signed housing application and the license agreement/contract.
Please note: Housing Applications will be web-based ONLY. You will need to enroll as a student prior to applying to live on-campus.
For additional information about the Residence Life Program at CAC, contact us directly at 520-494-5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* $150 Refundable Deposit: In order to receive your deposit back please follow the official check-out process as it is specified in your license agreement/contract. Students who do not complete the check out process or who move out mid semester will forfeit their deposit. After you complete the checkout process, CAC's Facilities and Residence Life Staff will inspect your room to see that there are no cleaning or damage charges that should be assessed to your account. Deposits are handlded through the Cashier's Office in the M Building and will be processed through your Higher One account 4 to 6 weeks after the student checks out.