Student Employment Process

On and Off Campus Job Postings
All available on campus positions, internships, off campus full-time and part-time job postings are available on the web for the student’s perusal and consideration. Students must register to access the online job board, by logging into Student Central to perform a search for available job and internship opportunities. It is advisable, that first time use of this service read the student and alumni Help Page for additional assistance and instruction. Once a student has found a position they wish to apply for, contact the individual listed on the posting to arrange for an interview.

The Interview Process
For on campus positions, the interview process will vary depending on the department. It is important to take seriously the interview process for on campus jobs. Supervisors may request a resume or a completed job application before your interview. Assistance with job applications and resumes for on or off-campus jobs can be obtained from the Career and Student Employment Services.

On Campus Hiring Process
Once a job has been offered, the supervisor must complete the Notice of Hire form. Once the Notice of Hire is submitted, make an appointment with Student Employment to sign the student employee contract. If you are a new student employee, you must bring a picture ID, your Social Security card, a completed Email Usage form, Employment Eligibility Verification and Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate.

Once all contract documentation is completed the supervisor will be notified when the student can begin working along with any changes made i.e.; hours able to work, number of weeks or funding source. Student employees are not permitted to work beyond the maximum hours per week, nor are they permitted to work beyond the maximum earnings listed on the contract. Students may not work until they have completed all supporting documentation and signed the Student Employment contract.

Re-hire Process
If a student employee has been beneficial to a department, the supervisors often choose to “re-hire” the student. If a supervisor chooses to re-hire a student, complete the Notification of Hire and refer the student to Student Employment to complete any additional documents. Student employees must meet all of the eligibility requirements before reporting to work.

 If you have any questions, contact Career & Student Employment Services at or call us at (520) 494-5428.


Content on this page is provided by Career & Student Employment Services.

Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814