The Peer Mentor program is an opportunity for second-year students to provide support to students that participate in Summer Bridge. Mentors receive extensive training, a generous stipend, and share their invaluable expertise with first-semester students. Mentors are selected through an application, interview, and recommendation process.
To apply for a position you must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible for Federal financial aid
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. at the time of application and through your contract time
- Be a full-time student
- Participate in Central Emerging Leaders and additional Peer Mentor training dates
- Participate in Summer Bridge Training (residential training at CAC immediately prior to Summer Bridge)
- Live on campus during Summer Bridge Training and Summer Bridge Week
- Mentor assigned students throughout Summer Bridge Week and the fall semester
- Participate in social events and future training workshops occasionally during fall semester
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with diverse cultural and personal backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm about CAC
Peer Mentors should be outgoing, helpful, courteous, energetic, respectful individuals with a desire to assist incoming freshmen.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor print out the Peer Mentor application below or come to the TRiO office in the M Building to complete an application.
For more information:
Office: Signal Peak Campus, T221
Office: Signal Peak Campus, T204