Veteran Educational Benefits

Veteran Educational Benefits
Central Arizona College (CAC) is approved and proud to serve veterans, their survivors, and dependents. Veteran services are provided by the Admissions and Recruitment Office on the Signal Peak campus.

Veterans must follow the admission policies and procedures as outlined for all students. Please see the VA Education Benefits Guide. Veterans are required to pursue an approved degree program or a qualified certificate program in order to be eligible for benefits. To see a list of degree and certificate descriptions, please see Degree and Certificate Descriptions.

Students who have attended other higher education institutions or have previous transcripts will need to submit official transcripts to the CAC Admissions Office in order to be evaluated and applied to the students' program of study. Contact previously attended schools to get instructions on how to have official transcript sent to CAC. Please visit the "Resources" section for more information related to Benefits and Services.

General FAQ's
Q: What do I need to do to start my VA Educational Benefits and enroll at CAC?
A: Please see VA Education Benefits Guide

Q: What if I have received benefits at another institution?
A: Complete and submit Change of Program or Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995) and request official transcripts from all other institutions. You must mail VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Office P.O. Box 8888, Muskogee, OK 74402-8888.

Q: How long does it take to receive my benefits?
A: Once your school submits your enrollment information, it must be entered into the system by VA. The VA Regional Processing Office is generally overwhelmed with enrollments at the start of each semester, it could take up to 6 weeks to process an enrollment during these peak times. Payment is generally received within two weeks of verifying enrollment at the end of the month (or within one week if using Direct Deposit). If you don't receive payment in this timeframe, please contact VA using the Ask a Question tab, or by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Q: Do I have to notify my CAC VA Certifying Official every semester I enroll for courses?
A: Yes. You must notify your CAC VA Certifying Official each semester you intend to enroll and receive Veterans' benefits and submit the CAC VA Certification Request Form.

Q: Do I have to notify my CAC VA Certifying Official when I have a change in my semester schedule?
A: Yes. If there is any change in course(s) selection or the number of credits enrolled, the Veteran must notify the CAC VA Certifying Official and submit a new CAC VA Certification Request Form in order to ensure appropriate funding based on the student's enrollment. Failure to report such changes can result in an overpayment requiring debt collection action from the VA.

Q: What if one or more of my classes start or end earlier than my other registered courses? Can this affect my VA fund disbursement?
A: Yes, it can. Please check with the VA Certifying Official or the VA by calling 888-442-4551.

Q: Am I allowed to register for a course that has already begun.
A: No

Q: Can I be exempt from the purge/drop process of my classes as a veteran or a dependent of a veteran?
A: Students receiving VA benefits must verify eligibility with their CAC Veterans Certifying Official by completing and submitting the CAC VA Certification Request Form in order to become exempt from the purge process. This process must occur each semester.

The VA will not pay for courses that:
1) do not follow your chosen program of study (POS).
a) If you are unsure of the classes you chosen are following your POS, it is highly recommended that you see an academic advisor.
2) are repeat courses with earned grades of A, B, or C. (unless program requires a higher grade than achieved).
a) If you unsure that you have taken a repeatable course at CAC or at another institution, please see an academic advisor for assistance.
3) are online remedial and/or developmental courses
a) remedial and/or developmental courses help students gain the academic skill necessary for success at the college level. Remedial or developmental numbering designations are 080-099.


For further general inquires or assistance, please contact Luis Vega at or 520-494-5402. Located at M1020, Signal Peak campus.

CAC Receives Military Friendly Designation: Central Arizona College has been designated a Military Friendly School for 2012-2013 by G.I. Jobs Magazine. The magazine bases the designation on both research and a survey of over 8,000 schools, taking into account the policies, efforts, and results schools use to recruit and retain military and veteran students.

Content on this page is provided by Financial Aid.

Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814