|Sports & Fitness Division|
From the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports:
- 37% of adults report they are not physically active. Only 3 in 10 adults get the recommended amount of physical activity.
- More than 10 percent of children between the ages of 2 and 5 are overweight, double the proportion since 1980.
- Health risks associated with being overweight or obese include type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and arthritis.
Be part of the solution, join the sports and fitness division at Central Arizona College and help others lead healthy lives!
The Sports and Fitness Division at Central Arizona College offers courses in four different areas; activity courses (PAC), physical education lectures (PED), health and nutrition related courses (PEH), and recreation (REC).
Professor of Sport & Fitness:
Cheryl Boron firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports and fitness degrees and certificates are currently offered only at the Signal Peak Campus.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Central's sports management degree prepares individuals to meet the needs of the sports industry. Students completing this degree will be exposed to:
- Sports marketing, promotion, fundraising and media relations
- Health and fitness center management careers
- Sporting goods management/sales
- Management of collegiate/high school athletic programs
- Management of professional sports programs
- Operation of youth and community sport organizations
The degree's core is split between business courses focusing on training in the basics of accounting, marketing and management. The sports and fitness courses provide historical, practical and theoretical foundations in sport, conditioning and lifetime fitness.
Recreation and Tourism
Associate of Arts (AA)
The recreation and tourism degree prepares students for employment in recreation and tourism management and program delivery positions in diverse public, nonprofit and private organizations.
Recreation 19 credits
Special Interest Classes:
The following special interest classes are offered during both the fall and spring semesters:
PAC113 Total Body Conditioning
PAC102K Intermediate Yoga & Fitness
PAC105 Core Emphasis