How to get started

Admissions: Transfer Credits / Reading Requirements

Registration: Class Schedules
Paying for College: Tuition and Fees / WUE Special Rate
Financial Aid


Apply for admissions online

About two weeks after your application is submitted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance in the mail from the CAC Admissions office.  If you do not receive a letter within two weeks, contact Admissions at 800-237-9814 / 520-494-5260

Transfer Credits

Students who have attended other regionally accredited colleges/universities who are transferring credits to CAC, must:

Central Arizona College
Transcript Evaluation Office
805 S. Idaho Rd.
Apache Junction, AZ 85119

It will take two months for your transcripts to be evaluated. The CAC Registrar’s office will send you a postcard instructing you to log in to Online Information Services to review which classes transferred to CAC.

Reading Requirement
Most classes at CAC have a reading prerequisite of RDG100. The reading requirement may be satisfied by one of the following:

Transfer at least 9 ACADEMIC credits earned (English, Math, Philosophy, etc.) from accredited colleges or universities (for Transfer Credits, see No. 4).


Take a Reading Placement Test - Go to a local community college or university and take a reading placement test. The type of reading placement required is ASSET, COMPASS, or ACUPLACER.

Students must be admitted to CAC before sending the Reading Placement test score. Send a copy of your score by fax, scan and email or mail to CAC Registrar’s Office with your name, CAC student ID, the name of the testing institution and test proctor name and contact information.

a) Fax: 520-494-5027
b) Scan and Email:
c) Mail: CAC, Registrar’s Office: 8470 N. Overfield Rd., Coolidge, AZ 85128


Phone: 800-465-1016


To register for classes you may use the Online Services or contact the Registrars Office 800-237-9814.

Class Schedule NTR Schedule of Classes


Paying for College

Tuition and Fees
Payment of tuition and fees are required at time of registration. (Central Arizona College accepts Visa and Master Card, Purchase Order, Checks, and Money Orders).

WUE Special Rate
The Western Undergraduate Education Program (WUE) is open to full-time students from 14 other states who are studying in Arizona.  States include Alaska, California, Colorado, Idaho, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.


Financial Aid

Central Arizona College offers a variety of financial aid and scholarship programs to assist students in meeting their financial obligations and needs.

A certificate or degree program must be at least 16 credits and be approved for federal aid. For more information, call the Financial Aid  800-237-9814 ext 5425.

Content on this page is provided by DEP.

Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814