Pool hours for fall semester now in effect until December at Central’s Signal Peak Campus
September 3, 2008
COOLIDGE, Ariz. – The Central Arizona College outdoor pool located on the Signal Peak Campus is currently open for the community in Pinal County.
The pool is an inexpensive yet great way to exercise and cool off from Arizona’s blazing sun. The cost is just $1 for children 17 and under, and for seniors 55 or better. Adults are only $2 per person.
Central Arizona College students and employees are admitted free with their college identification.
Hours of operation throughout the fall semester will be Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. The facility is closed on Monday and Friday.
The pool is located behind the George Young Activity Center (Building G) just passed the Vaquera varsity softball field near the entrance of the campus. Visitors should park in the lot adjacent to the Activity Center and then walk to the pool.
Mark Steuver is the head lifeguard at Central Arizona College and may be reached for more information by calling 520-494-5253.
Basic Swim I and II classes are available for children ages six (6) and older. The cost is $60 for eight (8) half-hour lessons starting in September and running through October.
Anyone interested in swim lessons for their children should call 520-494-5253 or 520-494-5308, or e-mail Sandra Wente at email@example.com.
To allow all guests to have a fun and safe afternoon of swimming, rules for pool usage will be strictly enforced.
• Swimmers must wear swimsuits (No cotton fabric, like gym shorts, is permitted).
• Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
• No food, beverages or glass containers are allowed in the pool area.
• No horseplay or running in the pool area.
• A certified life guard must be on duty before guests are permitted in the pool.
• Tobacco products, firearms and alcohol are strictly prohibited from the pool area.
• Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
• Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
• Sunscreen is strongly recommended
Central Arizona College does have a picnic area outside the pool area and access to bathrooms and changing areas in the Activity Center for guests.