|Promise For the Future|
Promise for the Future is a program designed to encourage students who reside in Pinal County to stay in high school, graduate with a 2.75 grade point average and participate in 20 hours of community service. [Volunteer Hours Form] Students along with their parents/guardian sign a contract of commitment during the students’ eighth grade year. Students graduating from a Pinal County high school who have fulfilled the requirements of the Promise for the Future contract will be eligible for the Promise for the Future Scholarship. This scholarship entitles them to free tuition to any Central Arizona College campus for up to four consecutive semesters.
Eighth grade Promise for the Future presentations, where contracts are distributed, begin in February. Contact your guidance counselor for information regarding the date the Promise coordinator will be at your school.
Please contact Monica Vogan, Promise for the Future coordinator at 520-494-5111 or send email to Promiseforthefuture@centralaz.edu if you have any questions. Thank you.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT ANY CHANGES IN HOME ADDRESS OR HIGH SCHOOL BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE OFFICE OF THE PROMISE FOR THE FUTURE COORDINATOR TO AVOID LOSS OF SCHOLARSHIP.
To receive the Promise for the Future Scholarship, the student must:
- Complete the FASFA financial aid form and Promise for the Future Scholarship Acceptance Form
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Enroll in and complete CPD 101 (Orientation to Student Development)
- Declare an eligible degree or certificate program
- Begin by the fall semester after high school graduation
To renew the Promise for the Future Scholarship each semester the student must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. (This includes ANY courses taken at CAC or through high school for college credit.)
- Complete a minimum of 9 credits each semester
- Maintain continuous enrollment each semester excluding summer term
- Allow the Financial Aid office to verify and ensure student meets eligibility requirements
The Promise for the Future Scholarship is limited to FOUR (4) consecutive semesters of In-State tuition. If the student is unable to meet the scholarship requirements due to ANY circumstance, they will permanently lose this scholarship.